December 02, 2011

Thankful, even after Thanksgiving

Bah, did you get enough turkey last week--cuz I sure did! Everyone always talks about being thankful for this and that during the holiday season, but my brain doesn't work that fast. I need some time. Time to chill out and really think about the things I'm thankful for. So I made a list:

1. Papi.  Despite his November (and now December) hairyness, he is just the greatest guy. He has been so sweet and helpful lately. Love it.

2. Family and friends {always}

3. Work. It's always around this time of year that I find myself thankful for having a great job, that's flexible and challenging. Breaks my heart for all the families out of work during the holidays. Thankfully, we will be adopting a family again this year. I love shopping, and even more when it's for someone else that I get to surprise!

4. Whitney Cummings and Chelsea Handler. You gotta watch this.  It's the only way I spend my Thursday nights.

5.  Working from HOME. Like today. You can't experience true bliss like this. I have time to make lunch (whatever I want. read: egg & cheese sandwich), watch TV (whatever I want), and work (all at the same time!). I needed this.

6. A new bed! It comes between 4:15 & 6:15 today to be exact. Our current love nest has been serving the Schutters since 1981. Yes, that's 30 years. My dad says Ross's twins are probably stuck to the mattress somewhere. Sickening.

7. No conflicting Christmas parties for 2011. It's like the stars have aligned.

8. A roof over my head, shoes on my feet, and food in the fridge. Lots and lots of food. Happy.

9. It's the weekend! Muzzleloading season starts today. Guess we know how I'll be spending the weekend. Wish me luck!

10. Is a secret.

Happy Friday :)

No comments:

Post a Comment