December 29, 2011

6/7 weeks

Total Weight Loss/Gain: 2lbs already? What the heck!

Maternity Clothes:  No

Stretch marks: No

Sleep: Ok, although I am experiencing more night-peeing. Which sucks because it means I need to keep my room clean, or on top of being pregnant, I'm also going to suffer a broken leg one of these days. 

Movement: Nope.

Cravings/Aversions: Heard of the See-Food Diet? Notable meals of late include cheeseburger with eggs and taco rice, anything with cheese, half a batch of brownies, half a 9 x 13 of my hubby's fabulous lasanga. And cherry pie with ice cream. Every.single.night. I am SO hungry ALL the time. Mommas gonna get FAT!
Gender: N/A

Symptoms: Working on getting the first round of zits under control. Cramps weren't as bad at 7 weeks as they were at 6. EXTREME HUNGER. And if I don't eat, EXTREME NAUSEA.
What I miss:  Drinks {sheesh, I'm beginning to sound like I have a problem--I swear I don't!} I just never realized how much time we spend drinking hanging out with our friends. First it was putting the giant kibash on wine night. Now, I spend my Saturdays drinking water out of a beer can and having "captain and cokes". Surprisingly, our friends fall for it--every single time--or do they?
What I look forward to:  We're so excited for the first ultrasound on Friday {isn't that early?}. We meet with the doctor for the first official prenatal on 12/12.
Moods: Frustrated for two reasons: 1. I'm already sick of this "hurry up and wait" business and 2. Ross still doesn't believe it. Like really, he legitimately thinks it's not true. I don't know whether to laugh or cry.  Hoping Friday will change his mind!
Milestones:  Just the smallest bit of pinkish discharge. Yes, I know that is wayyyy TMI but I freaked out anyways. Turns out, it's all a pretty normal part of the process. I love my dear friend Stef, but I have a feeling she's going to HATE me when this is all over. I probably call her on a daily basis. What? She's on her second baby--AND she has the same doctor as me! Love you, Stef.

I also met with the OB Nurse Brenda this week for a quick health history, etc. She gave me the "What to Expect When You're Expecting" book. I thought it was a joke.

Medical concerns: Where do I start? We're really just praying that this is for keeps, and that we'll both remain healthy.

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for stopping over at my blog! Congratulations :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is SO exciting to read! i love how you are narrating this ... SO funny!

    and water out of a beer can ... how clever are you, hahaha. my friends would never fall for it because i can't stand beer ... hmm, i should probably start drinking beer just in case, haha.

    ReplyDelete
  3. 2 pounds? I think I was up like 8 by this point. Seriously depressing. My body just packs it on. It's like it thinks I'm pregnant on a deserted island. My body is preparing for a famine. Stupid body. Hopefully with fingers crossed and knocking on wood this weight will just melt away like last time. I really think nursing and pumping like a cow helped me lose the weight. I was burning some major calories...I lost all 50 pounds in about 3 months...Hallelujah!!! It better be the same this time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So great!
    Not to worry! I had the same discharge. No biggie. I was a freak at first, but it gets easier and better. Hang in there.

    ReplyDelete