December 29, 2011

4/5 weeks


*these posts (up until 11 weeks) have not been edited since their original draft, in order to preserve any or all indications of pure excitement, craziness, and joy.

We're having a baby, people!

So I always read how women wished they would have documented their first pregnancy better...for many reasons such as to keep track of changes, share the excitement, and allow for comparison for themselves down the road (two more times if I'm lucky-but let's not get ahead of ourselves). So that's what I'll do! I apologize in advance for any over-sharing...it comes with the territory. Other than that, I would love to hear your questions, comments, any advice you have for us throughout this journey!
Total Weight Loss/Gain: 0, Praise the Lord! My mom gained 60 lbs with me...60! That would put me at a new low, or high rather. Either way, it's a # I hope to never ever see.
Maternity Clothes:  No

Stretch marks: No

Sleep: Good. Did wake up once to pee though, which is strange for me. I could sleep through natural disasters and now I wake up to pee, are you kidding?

Movement: Nope

Cravings/Aversions: Nothing in particular. Not going to lie-I'm a bit worried about this one, I eat strange things without being pregnant! But, I have been incredibly thirsty all the time, and I've moved my lunch hour up an hour and a half because I need to eat RIGHT NOW!

Gender: Not sure if we'll find out or not. That won't come for a long time anyways, we got plenty of time to change out minds decide.

Symptoms: Fatigue.  I'm so tired! And my face has not seen this many zits since freshman year of high school.
What I miss:  Drinks!  The night after we tested positive {for the third time}, my girlfriends and I were having a freezer meal party. Everytime we get together it involves some concoction of adult beverages, so I was forced to make up the biggest.lie.ever about a blood test the next day {not entirely false} and they fell for it! {I think}.

What I look forward to:  All of it! I can't wait for an ultrasound to confirm this already!
Moods:  Disbelief. Nervous. Happy! Yes, we really are THRILLED!
Milestones:  Positive prenancy test. Do people actually keep them, or is that creepy? That first night I woke up to pee...it doesn't happen every night, but it is definately not my typical behavior.

Medical concerns: Where do I start? We're really just praying that this is for real, and that we'll both remain healthy.

2 comments:

  1. I always wondered what to do my pregnancy tests too. It just doesn't seem right to throw them away. I think I kept them for a couple of weeks and then tossed them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha, i think that is something i would wonder too ... i hope it isnt creepy to keep them because i have a feeling i would, haha.

    and as for the drinks ... not sure what i am going to do without my beverages when i get preggo. haha.

    ReplyDelete