December 16, 2011

a day in the life of my husband...

This guy has got it made today...


No, it's not his birthday. We're already married, so it's not his wedding day. And we got some time yet before he starts looking like this:

so presh!


Today is (yet another installment of ) "Ross's Day."

Although he started celebrating already last night.

It started when we went for groceries last night. Together. This doesn't happen often. Mainly, because the shit he buys is never on sale I don't like the shit he buys. However, I figured since he did take my ass out for dinner (mid-week, gasp!) when I whined about wanting Logan's steak and mashed potatoes, I could grant him one wish and let him man the cart.

Big mistake.

We check out at Meijers, our bill is like a bazillion dollars, and our cart resembles that of the frantic mother of five small children behind us.

For some ungodly reason or another, he thought it was completely necessary to stock up on the "essentials":  cereal, LUNCHABLES (he's 26), string cheese, mass amounts of canned peaches, bacon (we already have half a pig in our freezer), and a package of "hot hands" for the homeless guy we saw on the way in. (I made him put those back, because said homeless man used to frequent the ER where I volunteered in college and believe me, he's so liquored up he doesn't feel the cold. Sure, go ahead and call me a terrible person).

We check out and he asked me how much we "saved", so I tell him $26.47. He replies "well damn, you better start clipping them coupons again...I liked it better when we had more money.

Yea hunny, well so did I.

Fast forward to this morning, when he insisted I give up what "I promised" and I insisted that he needed to brush his teeth first. Then he tells me...

"Hey, so yea, I forgot to tell you but we're throwing our work Christmas party tonight." (please note: hubby and brother-in-law are self employed with a few guys working for them).

"Yea?" I ask. "What are we doing?"

"Well, me and the guys are getting off work at 2:30, and going down to Cristo's." Surprised, I tell him, "but Papi, I work til 3 and after that Jes is going to cut my hair".

"That's perfect," he says, "because I'll need you to come pick us up later."

Who died and made this man king?!

2 comments:

  1. OMG, too funny! i am dying over here but i am sure you are not laughing like i am, haha ;)

    Sean couldn't control the cart before because our bill always ended up sky high ... well, he likes to see what is bought so we grocery shop together. he started clipping coupons on his own and lets just say that he gets to have his own cart now, haha. he is so much better than before!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just came across your blog...love how you told this story!

    ReplyDelete