January 24, 2012

14/15 weeks


How far along? 15 weeks!


{I really need to get Ross to help me with this self-portrait business...yiiiiikes}


Total weight gain: From the Drs appointment on 1/20: +3lbs. As of today, 1/24 I'm pretty sure that # is more like +4. Not bad! The NP was happy with that, which made me even happier!

Maternity clothes? Not yet. I did purchase some things for Mexico, but haven't worn anything yet other than the belly band {not everyday} and my "fat" dress pants that are a size bigger than normal. I did have someone comment at my madre's birthday party that she could definately see "the bump." That was nice, however I feel like most of this babe weight has settled in my arse. The last thing I need is more badonkadonk. I'm so ready to be past this "too many tacos" stage!

Sleep: like a baby lately, it's pretty awesome!

Best moment this week: I've been at war with a nasty cold all week, so I was relieved to hear the little rascal's heart pumping away at 156 bpm at our appoinment on 1/20. We scheduled the next visit for 2/14, as well as the anatomy scan where we find out if Baby S is a boy or girl! I can hardly wait, the NP was a brat and won't schedule it before 20 weeks, so we don't go until 2/29...at 21 weeks! Who schedules that kind of thing on LEAP YEAR? It's not even a real day!  That's SO far away.

Miss Anything? We went to a chili cookoff at a local vineyard this past weekend, where I had just a taste of wine...but it made me really, really miss the days of guzzling down more than 2 ounces of those yummy dry reds in one sitting.

Movement: Nothing quite yet. NP did say that I should feel something soon...maybe while on vacation?! I could have sworn I felt flutters the other night after zumba...but it was just gas :( lots and lots of gas :(

As of 1/25 I'm almost positive I felt him/her! I scarfed half a bag of kettle chips on the way home from work tonight, followed by a cold bottle of water and felt this little "pop pop pop" on the lower right side of my abdomen. At first I thought it was the road, but it happened again after supper (and was not followed by gas!) Do you think that could be it? What is it supposed to feel like?

Food cravings: Babe certainly lets me know when s/he's hungry...which is all the time. I was driving home from work the other night and decided that I was for sure going to die if I didn't stop at BK for a spicy chicken crisp + extra pickles and a small fry {as long as they were piping hot}. Then I got home and of course Ross needed to be fed, so I had a grilled cheese on top of that. I still don't know where all this food is going, though I'm not complaining!

Anything making you queasy or sick: Not anymore! I can even eat a {little bit of}chicken now! It's amazing as long as I'm careful not to over-do it.

Gender: We find out 2/29. I am dying, that's too far away. Roseann, my friend at work, says she's always been pretty accurate. She thinks "boy". I don't know what to think, at first I was dead-set on girl. Any guesses? I can't wait to get started on the nursery!

Labor Signs: Goodness no!

Symptoms: Beside the nasty upper respiratory infection I've got going on, not much. I'm feeling pretty awesome, and so grateful that the "second-worst" part is over!

Belly Button in or out? In

Wedding rings on or off? On and loose!

Happy or Moody most of the time: HAPPY!

Looking forward to: Mexico! We leave 1/30 and I can't.freaking.wait. I may never come back.



6 comments:

  1. you are going to have the best time in Mexico! we loved it and i am just a bit jealous. and you have gained only 4 lbs!? that is so awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Moving right along :)
    How exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Enjoy all the food...I'm counting my frickin calories and still packing it on..30 pounds, I guess that's just how I roll, sweet, not! This body can suck it, I'm crossing my fingers and praying to the milk gods that breastfeeding is going to help it come off again. Doc said it would, we'll see.

    ReplyDelete
  4. yaaaaaaaayy!!!! You look so good :D Yes, it feels so nice to be in the second trimester. Glad all is well xoxoxoxo ( I haven't felt any flutters yet, but you could have! They say it feels like bubbles/gas)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ah you look great! Love the little belly. :)

    ReplyDelete