February 21, 2012

We're having a ....!!!

Oh man, I wish I knew! The suspense is KILLING me. Then another day passes and I think "eh, I've made it halfway without knowing--what's the big deal waiting another 20-21 weeks?" I like surprises. Wrong. I'd rather have my eyeballs ripped out than be unprepared for something like this. Personally, I feel like knowing will help me bond with baby better throughout the rest of the pregnancy. Just what works for me, everyone is different though. For those of you mamas out there, did you find out? Why or why not?

For kicks, I thought it would be fun to see what the old wives tales have to say. Because I lack very much in the creativity department, I borrowed this template from Mateya over at The Best is Yet to Come! Seriously, you have to check out her blog...she's having a little boy near the end of May. Did I mention she's so stinkin cute?!
Chinese calendar (based on mother's age and month of conception): BOY
Heartbeat (faster than 140 bpm = girl; slower than 140 bpm = boy): GIRL
Morning sickness (very sick = girl; not so sick = boy): GIRL (in the first tri only thank goodness)
Skin (breakouts = girl; clear skin = boy): GIRL (first tri only)
Leg hair growth (no more than usual = girl; lots of growth = boy): BOY
Cravings (sweet = girl; salty = boy): BOY
Bump position (high and wide = girl; low and centered = boy): BOY
Breast growth (lots of growth = girl; not much = boy): BOY
Mayan calendar (if mother's age at conception and year of conception are both even/odd = girl; if one is even and one is odd = boy): GIRL
Sympathy weight (if your husband gains weight during the pregnancy = girl; if he doesn't = boy): GIRL (Papi went to put on his dress pants for church on Sunday and no longer needed a belt....haaaaha!)
Ring test (ring swings back and forth = girl; ring swings in a circle = boy): BOY
My "mother's intuition" says BOY
Ross's "father's intuition" says GIRL

That's 7 for Boy & 6 for Girl, pretty evenly divided! What do you think we'll have? Do you really think there are any signs? Cast your vote on my poll at the top right, I'm interested to see what ya'll think!

The BIG DAY is 2/29...that's right, Leap Year! Granted the babe wants to show all the goods, this will be a day we'll always remember!

4 comments:

  1. I simply HAD to find out... the suspense was killing me! For one I do not like surprises (no, really) at ALL... and two, I felt the same way that it would help me bond with the baby, which I really think it has... both times. I'm also the kind of person that needs "big stuff" to sink in a while... I needed to wrap my mind around, "Ok, we're having a SON" -- and being a crazy planner, I wanted the nursery, clothes, hospital favors, etc.. to all be ready! I think the only time I would/could ever wait is if and when we have a 3rd... now that we have one of each, a third surprise would be a lot less stress since we'll be prepared either way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the little shout out...you are too sweet :) I seriously do NOT know how people can wait until the end to find out.

    Not much longer and you can find out! I am going to guess boy for you too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So exciting! Can't wait to hear what you are having!

    ReplyDelete