February 13, 2012

Mexico!

Finally! We've been home now a week and I haven't yet unpacked. Priorities, people. I figured I won't need all those summery clothes right away, so why rush to wash them?! Girl has got way more important things like catching up with the gal pals and watching all those trashy shows I DVR-ed from the last two-ish weeks.

As promised, here's some pics! Hubby has not yet jumped on the blog-wagon or the picture-taking wagon, therefore there are very few pictures with me actually in it. Wah. Probably a good thing though because I literally busted out of my clothes this week. Just as expected, babe made him/herself very visible our last few days!

View from our hotel balcony. To the right there was a private pool and snack bar for Apple guests.

Half-Cowboy, Half-Drummer? Due to a nice bout of skin cancer on the side of his nose last year, this bad boy is required to wear a hat outdoors. I don't mind it one bit ;) As for the drumming? Too much rum.

Playa Del Carmen, where we went for massages on a rainy morning. My massuse (?) was actually blind. Weirdest massage ever.

Stopping for lunch in Playa Del Carmen. Notice my massive water bottle and all their coronas. Yea, not cool. Oh yes, the other couple we're sitting with is Ross & Mike's hired hand & his wife. For being around our parents' age, they're so much fun!

On the beach in Playa Del Carmen. Our resort had a crappy beach due to the reef that broke and seaweed that washed up everyday. Nothing like this bright blue caribbean! To the right (not pictured) is Cozumel!

Love me some virgin daquiris!

Lobby

Creepy crawlies in the "backyard"

Just reached 17 weeks here! Excuse the massive bloat, I was not accustomed to eating so many carbs (and few fruits/veggies + NO dairy) all week!

Our fellas and their umbrellas. The weather was quite strange--rained everyday, mostly between 2-4. Good thing we got to the pool by 8 am.

View from the pool.
After dinner. Note: when you forget to pack a clutch, cosmetic cases work well!

Brother-in-law & Sister-in-law
Need me one of these! You could drive a car in this shower!

Cosmetic case makes another appearance for dinner.

There you have it folks. Not much to say other than the fact that I did lots of napping and snacking and they did lots of drinking. And more drinking. I was decent and didn't post any incriminating pics, though I do have a hilarious video of Ross sneaking up to dance with some old lady in the pool. And the crew doing the YMCA. Talk about obvious Americans.

Other than the general swimming and sunbathing, we shopped in Playa Del Carmen and went to see the shows almost every night. Our resort even broadcasted the SuperBowl! The resort we stayed at was called Blue Bay Grand Esmeralda. It was very clean, the food was good, and staff was excellent. I didn't care much for the beach, but they had a couple of nice big pools to hang out by. The guys were a little upset that there wasn't a swim-up bar, but they did have girls that came around and brought drinks. I would recommend it to anyone, though I did enjoy the one we stayed at last year {Iberostar Playa Paraiso} a bit more, though it's also more pricey. All in all, this was a great, relaxing getaway with the Schutter Bros Builders crew!

2 comments:

  1. wow looks like you guys had a fabulous time! We are planning a vacation for after christmas with both of our families. We will have so many free babysitters it will be perfect!!! Your cosmetic bag is so pretty, I would never have been able to tell.

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha, so funny! i did the same thing the last time we went to Mexico in the Wintertime. Completely did not unpack or wash my clothes for the longest time, haha. wasn't going to be using them!

    love all the pictures! looks like you had a great time even though you couldn't partake in sipping some cocktails ;). and you leaving your clutch at home, i so hate when i do that on vacation. when i realize i have forgotten something i become the biggest baby, haha. you do much better than me!

    ReplyDelete