May 06, 2012

bumpdate 26-30

Wait, what?! 30 weeks? Oh lawd!


Baby, what baby? Gee, I don't look tired at all, ugh!
THAT baby!

It's been a long, fast month again. One of those where it went by so fast, though it seems like forever ago, ya know? We got our results from the last ultrasound back, and let's just say it wasn't what we were hoping to hear. The swelling in her right kidney stayed the same (at 4mm), but the left one did get bigger. Lefty clocks in around 7mm, and they start to get concerned when they reach around 10mm. At this point, the doctor says there's nothing we can do for the rest of the pregnancy, only that she'll get a few scans after she's born and the pedi will decide how to go from there. If you know me, this is probably the most frustrating thing. I'm all about solutions, solving problems, and moving forward. This, however, happens to be one of those wait-and-see things that is completely out of my control--not something I deal well with. Doc did say he didn't think any further ultrasounds would be necessary, which completely freaks me out, but I guess I have to trust him. Sure, I could go get a "second opinion," but what good would that do? This is not something that can be fixed while she's still in there, so it doesn't make any sense to worry about it until she's out. Right? Right.

In other news, we did finally get the 4th wall of the crib up (yay) and we spent all day Saturday in Childbirth Education class. Yes, we...as in husband did accompany me, much to his dismay. What a strange ordeal. We were one of 4 couples in the class (the teacher's smallest class ever), and one lady who was a second time mother found it necessary to also bring her mother, in addition to her love child's assbackwards father. They were quite an entertaining trio. We learned a lot about our options, so it was well-worth the time (even Ross agreed).


Ross setting up

Elvis "helping"

How far along? 29 weeks 6 days


Total weight gain: +23lbs (ish)


Maternity clothes? Oh yes! I've been trying to work in as many of my regular tops yet...though I have a feeling they're going to be so stretched out by the end of this that I'll never wear them again :( I received some hand-me-downs for the summer earlier in my pregnancy and they were just big enough that I thought they'd fit just fine...I'll be lucky if I can button those puppies anymore though!

Sleep: When I get to sleep, it's good. This waking up in the middle of the night to pee business, on the other hand, is not my friend. I keep wondering 'what if i actually don't wake up and pee the bed, what would my husband say?' I guess it's best that I get up a few times, huh ;)

Best moment this week: Literally being knocked so hard in the side I had to stop what I was doing. We have a feisty one here!

Miss Anything? My energy. By the end of the day I just feel so zapped. The weekends are great though, I do so much better with a little nap mid-day. I cannot wait until these long days at work are over!

Movement: Most often between 9-11, just after lunch, and from dinner until bedtime. Every once and a while she'll start banging around in there while I'm in bed, but it's nothing that wakes me up.

Food cravings: My appetite is out of whack again. Babe seems to want all things fruity & cold...or cereal & oreos. We've been indulging in a lot of homemade yogurt & frozen fruit smoothies around here.

Anything making you queasy or sick: She still likes it hot & spicy, which is getting hard on my guts!

Gender: Girl!

Labor Signs: I had another few BH contractions recently, but I've noticed they only happen when I don't have enough water.

Symptoms:  Nothing out of the ordinary. I have noticed though that when I have to "go", I have to go RIGHT NOW!

Belly Button in or out?  In, but barely. I was bit by a mosquito right in my belly button this weekend and it drove me crazy!

Wedding rings on or off? On, but definitely getting tighter some days.

Happy or Moody most of the time:  Happy mixed quite frequently with "worried" and "anxious".

Looking forward to: My first shower on May 19th! I feel like it's so late, but I guess my last one is June 23rd. I don't know what the deal is with my family...I'm just so anxious to fill her room, but now I have to wait! Do you sense a theme here--I don't do well with waiting! Maybe the good Lord is trying to teach me a lesson?








3 comments:

  1. Yeah another Bump-date!! How awkward to get a mosquito bite in your belly button!! Looking forward to getting more glimpses into your nursery!!

    ♥ Ashley

    atparsons.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look great! Can't believe you are 30 weeks already!

    I imagine it is so hard not knowing a plan of action for the little's one's kindey, but I'm sure that the Dr's have it under control as much as they can for now and you will know more after she's here. She's in the safest place possible right now, your belly! :)

    I had a shower late too, I was 35 weeks and I'm having another after the baby is born, not ideal but it works. You really don't "need" much the first few weeks she's here anyway!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok, so I'm a few weeks behind, but you are absolutely precious! I love that Elvis had to "help." My girls do it too. They'll be great big fur-sisters!

    ReplyDelete