May 31, 2012

33 weeks

How far along? 33.5 weeks

Total weight gain: Oh my dear lord....I was up to +27 at my appointment last friday, but that # is more like +30 now...yep, 3 lbs in one week...memorial weekend = too much food...dang.

Maternity clothes? I'm quickly running out of things to wear! I'm two seconds away from going out and buying new bras and underwear...things are getting ugly.

Sleep:  Getting more and more tired all the time after work now, still getting up a few times a night to pee.

Best moment this week: The baby shower my best friend Lindsey hosted at her home! Two weekends in a row of adorable baby stuff...what a lucky little girl!

Miss Anything? My energy and will to get things done! I've been feeling "out of my skin" lately. There's just a lot of things shifting around at work in preparing for maternity leave, and with all the preparations going on at home, I feel like all the old constants in my life are changing--guess I'm just trying to break myself in for a new routine!

Movement: It's getting cramped in there, and her movements aren't like quick little jabs and tickles anymore! She's pretty strong! Her feet are constantly on my left side, and something (head, butt, who knows) is up in my ribs on the right.

Food cravings: You'd think I'd be eating everything given how much I've packed on this past month! Going along with the "out of my skin" feeling, my appetite has been all over the place. "Nothing sounds good" is a common complaint Ross hears...thankfully he's getting better at fending for himself :) I could eat cereal about 100 x a day!

Anything making you queasy or sick: Not this week!

Gender: Girl!

Labor Signs: A few BH. Unfortunately my guts have been rollin' lately too. TMI, sorry!

Symptoms:  Out of nowhere this past week, my legs and feet are starting to get a little tingly sometimes...and the cankles are setting in! ughh...and I thought I was going to be one of the lucky ones--nope!  Also found my first stretch mark (and about cried). Just a little baby one on the back of my hip...but a stretch mark nonetheless (hmmphf!). what a week!

Belly Button in or out?  She must have moved around in there, because now it's back to being all-in!

Wedding rings on or off? On, but I've been taking them off much more lately--the 90 degree weather this weekend was killer!

Happy or Moody most of the time:  Despite how much of a sob story the rest of this post is, I really am so happy and in love with this little girl! She has changed my life indefinately, and there's something so powerful in being a mother! Sure, I know I sound a little whiney when it comes to the symptoms and all that jazz, but 33.5 weeks is a long time and I'm starting to get a little worn out. Maybe that's the impatience talking?! I know she needs to cook a little longer though, and I don't need her coming before I'm fully ready! I just can't wait to meet her and love all over her!

Looking forward to: Finishing up the nursery and putting a deep clean on the little ol' house. My mother has been so kind to help me out with some of the tough stuff--bathrooms, floors, baseboard, etc since school is almost out and she's out of work for the summer. I'm so thankful for the extra hand, everything seems to take that much longer when you're preggo--I'm either getting sidetracked or have no gumption to get anything started in the first place! I am making lists though--and have even prepared my "take to the hospital" folder with all the important info for insurance, maternity leave, etc. It's a start! I found more useful tips for the last few weeks here! Love the posts on her blog!

I know, this blog still lacks pictures. Sorry (ok not really). Cripes I'm lazy. I'lllll work on ittttt!

4 comments:

  1. Hehe, you crack me up! Can't believe you are 33.5 weeks! Baby girl will be here so soon!

    I know you and the picture taking aren't friends but hope to see the nursery when you complete it! :)

    Happy 33.5 weeks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gina, I need to see some pictures here!! Like of your baby showers, your bump AND the nursery!!

    last day to enter my giveaway!!

    ♥ Ashley

    http://atparsons.blogspot.com/2012/05/giveaway-from-farm.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are SO close! Hopefully you wont have to take an "internal beating" much longer! I remember getting punched by my sister when she was pregnant... my nephew had his feet lodged in her ribs all the time, and I went up to her to feel his head poking out of her side... apparently he didn't enjoy that bc the minute I rubbed that spot, he did a full body roll... not pretty! I didn't realize it could get SO cramped in there :(

    Hope your weekend was amazing, nonetheless!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your blog! What do you think about following each other? -http://amyklundt.blogspot.com/

    Much Love.

    ReplyDelete