April 14, 2012

We're making progress!

Whoa it has been quite the day!

First, a HUGE congratulations to our good friends Stef & Andy, who welcomed their second adorable daughter, Alyssa Grace, into the world yesterday afternoon! She is absolutely beautiful, and big sister Kaitlyn is so proud! I was so happy to sneak in some snuggle time this morning after my OB appointment next door :) I rely on Stef a ton for tips, and answers to "is this normal?" I'm so thankful for her, and looking forward to "practicing" more with Alyssa!

Which brings me to more news...I passed my glucose test this morning! Yippeee! Doc said I passed so easily, and that I must be getting everything I need because the rest of my #s (iron, all that other good stuff) looked good too! Today was the first time he actually hauled out the tape measure and measured the 'ol belly, and he said I'm measuring right on track. Plus, I've gained approximately 18 lbs! I was worried because so many people have been giving me the "that's all the bigger you are at this point?" looks & questions. Stupid to care what they think, I know. He says I should be happy to carry the way I am since I'm so tall, and it's just the short people and the opinioned folks that are jealous :) So there! {At least it makes me feel better}

I did make a point to ask him about Miss S's kidneys--if it was just one, or if both were dilated. Sadly, he said both...but he did say it was barely "moderate," whatever that means. He's confident it will clear up on his own, but we have scheduled another ultrasound to monitor it. I go back in a week and a half, on 4/23. I do feel much better about it after hearing a friend of mine's daughter has the same thing, and that she's doing just fine {she still has it I guess--only very low grade} at 11 months old.

We also scheduled our Childbirth Education class! I say class, not classes, because our hospital only offers an all-day Saturday class. Not ideal if you ask me, but it should get the job done. We officially become "educated" May 5th!

As for the nursery, we have a little {err..LOT of} work to do. My mom came over last weekend to help me shampoo the carpets, so at least we're at the point of having a "clean slate" to work with right now. We actually painted the room a nice shade of chocolate brown {it's a sunny corner room} over a year ago--I'm so thankful not to have to worry about that! Maybe a future post on our progress later?

See? Lots being done. Sort of. Gaaahhh, there's just so much left though!

Seriously though, look at all this progress!
 

Holy cow! 26 weeks!!! That first shot makes me almost want to cry!!! Someday, maybe someday again. Note to self: husband is no longer allowed to touch the camera...I don't know what he does to make it so blurry!







2 comments:

  1. The bump is so cute...and getting bigger! :) I'm glad everything is starting to come together!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look wonderful! Congrats on 26 weeks! You're getting so close.

    ReplyDelete