April 06, 2012

bumpdate: weeks 21-25

OH MY LANTA. How did I let this go for so long? Busy, perhaps? Yikes. Life has been wild lately. This pregnancy is moving at the speed of light and it's starting to make me so weepy that in 10-14 short weeks, it will all be over! I am beginning to take time for myself here and there everyday to sit and reflect on this little miracle inside me. Seems that this "alone time" is just what I needed! I can't tell you how much I enjoy watching her little dance parties in my belly. This girl is quite the mover & shaker! Ross has been quite busy at work, and putting up their new barn most nights so he doesn't get home until after 10p. For some strange reason I'm starting to turn into a bit of a night owl, and am functioning {semi-normally} on less and less sleep. Must be the ol' bod's way to preparing me for motherhood! Between all these physiological and psychological changes, we've also been speaking with the realtor about the land we're looking, and possibly listing our house. I never thought I would see the day where we showed our home with even as much as a half-hearted intention of selling--especially while pregnant. What are we thinking?! Eh, really we haven't made any solid decisions yet, so the whole idea is still up in the air. Still, it has required cleaning and prep everytime this guy comes over to talk!

Ross has been great with helping out lately. I'm not sure what has happened, really. I was only gone for a few days in TN, but it was the first time that I've left him home. Usually it's the other way around--he goes out for work, or hunting. I was welcomed back with so much love and appreciation, and a clean house! It's like a "what have you done with my husband" sort of thing, but I'll take it! Maybe he sees that I can't quite accomplish all my responsibilities as well as I used to, and that I'm starting to slow down a bit. I don't know. His graciousness has thrown me for a loop, and I find myself with that feeling of "what more can I do for him" that brings me back to the days when we were first dating. I love it, and really felt the need to make a little note here on the ol' blog. You know, for the days when I feel like I've absolutely lost my mind and am going this alone? Not going to lie, it happens. Especially when he's working long hours. When you are the boss, you work around the clock. There's always "go-sees" and "bids" that need to be done even after the sun has set. At least I know when the sun sets he has to stop nailing boards and setting posts!

Anways, here's the good stuff you've been waiting for {you know, to see how much weight I've put on and what sort of monumental meltdowns have gone down in the past month}  kidding.

How far along? 25 weeks 4 days

Total weight gain: a whopping 17-ish pounds! we have a quickly growing babe here, folks!

Maternity clothes? Oh yes. I've got quite a few tops that still work, but the ever growing belly is quite visible now. Jeans are out of the question. Since the weather has been warming up, I'm loving dresses and maxi skirts for work. Thankfully, she's been carrying "like a boy" {what everyone has been telling me at least} and is mostly out front. Weeks ago, I thought I looked weird, but now I'm loving this belly!

Sleep: Starting to get worse. I have found myself functioning on less sleep, and going to bed much later. I don't know what's going on, but it's not so bad I guess. Better than going to bed at 8p like I did in the beginning!

Best moment this week: Video taping one of Miss S's dance parties. She is so active, and her kicks are quite visible! I can't wait to show my family at Easter how funny she is!

Miss Anything? I can't say that I do. While a nice cold beer has sounded pretty good lately, I'm not really feeling like I'm missing out on anything. I've been strangely optimistic lately--and I'm digging that!

Movement: All the time! Ross thinks I'm obsessed--and I might just be. It is so reassuring to see her wiggling around in there. I can tell when she reacts to loud noises, or Ross's voice. She already loves her Papi!

Food cravings: I've been having the "I don't know what I feel like eatings" lately. Cereal seems to do the trick nicely though. Still loving anything hot & spicy too. Last night I did catch myself making a preggo snack of a pickle spear on a piece of bread with a slice of cheese and mustard. And I liked it! I have also been doing some irrational food-hoarding lately. Like I won't make something specific because I "need to save it". I don't know what for?

Anything making you queasy or sick: No, thankfully. I do get really antsy when I go too long without a snack though. It is then that I generally end up making poor food choices that make me gain 7 lbs in one month.

Gender: Girl!

Labor Signs: No

Symptoms: let the waddling begin! The chiropractor really helped my SIJ feel better, but I'm starting to slow down and look weird getting up off the couch/bed.

Belly Button in or out? Flat! Also very weird looking, but I kind of like it. It's kind of like a sterotypical pregnancy look--but it's a cool little milestone to finally have that I suppose.

Wedding rings on or off? On

Happy or Moody most of the time: So happy! ....and so sappy! I've been wandering around with a perma-grin lately. Maybe it was the time off that helped me mellow out. Whatever it is, it's working!

Looking forward to: Easter weekend with the family. I have another appointment next Friday 4/13 for my glucose test, ack! {yes, somehow my appointments always get scheduled on "strange" days---2/29, Friday the 13th...not that I'm superstitious or anything, but yikes!} Looking forward to hearing more about what the doc has to say about her kidneys. Last time I was in too much shock to ask any questions, so I want to find out which one/both, and I'll have an opportunity to schedule the ultrasound appointment for 28 weeks.

I will try and get some more pics up this weekend! You'd think that having the internet and all, I'd have that all sorted out {not!} Sorry :(

2 comments:

  1. I love your title "bumpdate" so cute!! Sounds like things are going well!! Good luck on your glucose test. Looking forward to more belly pics!!

    ♥ Ashley

    atparsons.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww so happy to hear that the hubs is being so sweet and helping you! It is a nice feeling to know that you are not in this alone, even when at times you feel like it :)

    still so excited that you are having a girl! and so cute that she is wiggling in there! must be the best feeling :)

    ReplyDelete