March 13, 2012

It's a.........!!!

Oh goodness it's been a while since I've been on! Take working 53+ hours a week for the past month straight and tack on 10 hours of driving time and I'm out of the house almost 65 hours a week doing work-related things. The agony! Who needs sleep? Between coming home crying every night to the hubs and repeatedly telling my boss I'll quit unless he buys me home internet access...I have officially lost my mind!

So dear followers, I'm sorry I've abandoned you. I really do appreciate your comments/emails of concern, as my last post was talking about the big ultrasound. Come to find out {yes, I actually did forget} I never revealed it to you!

Such lame excuses. I'm so disappointed in myself! This was meant to be a monumental moment in bloggy history! I feel like there's really no way to bounce back from such a dry spell than to tell you that baby Schutter is a....



GIRL!!!

And a very active and healthy one at that! We are beyond thrilled! She measured one day ahead of schedule, so my due date is now July 16th. We received the news after an hour or so into the ultrasound, she did NOT want to show us the goods {a trait I hope she holds on to til she's 30--ha!}. Anyways, Ross was so right about it being a girl and it hasn't taken long to have him wrapped around her finger. Soon as we got home he wanted to start cleaning out the nursery! I can't tell you how happy it makes me to know she's doing great. We'll find out what the doctor has to say at our next appointment on 3/16. As always, I'm praying for another good report!

How far along? 22 weeks!
Total weight gain: a whopping 14 lbs! someone hit a MAJOR growth spurt!
Maternity clothes? Thank goodness for all those deals a few weeks ago. Other than my usual black work pants paired with the belly band, nothing fits! My booty has expanded beyond all my jeans :( I'm sporting a few maternity tops, but mostly because the others are just a wee bit too short now.
Sleep: Great!

Best moment this week: Finding out baby Schutter is a SHE!
Miss Anything? Time for myself to rest and do something, anything, that I want to do. The ol' work schedule has not allowed for much of that lately. I'm looking forward to the next few weeks of Spring and a long weekend trip to Tennessee with my mamaw!

Movement: Oh jeez yes! "S" has officially joined the soccer team this week. I don't know what's gotten into her, but she's all over the place lately! I can feel her most around lunch time and just before bed. Her little punches have been such a blessing in that they take my mind off the chaotic mess this month has been.

Food cravings: Everything! I swear my appetite has exploded...just like my massive weight gain in the past few weeks. That, or it's that I've finally given up on Zumba and haven't really started my walking routine yet.
Anything making you queasy or sick: Leftovers. The whole idea of cold food is just weird to me.
Gender: A bouncing, healthy baby girl! For some reason my mind is so much more at ease knowing "S" is a she. I can't wait to snuggle her!
Labor Signs: No, though I did experience my first Braxton Hicks a few nights ago. I had just gotten home from my last Zumba class, and upon sitting down on the couch my guts and back got really tense for a few seconds. It didn't hurt, but the little twinge surprised me! I haven't had another episode since.

Symptoms: Gas in the am, and let's just say I miss being "regular". Must drink more water!
Belly Button in or out? In, but barely. I'm getting a bit flatter everyday. If I'm wearing a thin tank or tee, it looks like I have the belly button of a linebacker...sick.
Wedding rings on or off? On

Happy or Moody most of the time: Happy despite the stress!

Looking forward to: Visiting my cousin in Tennessee in 2 weeks!

10 comments:

  1. yay, yay, yay, yay!!! OMG!! So excited for you! a baby girl!!! let the shopping begin!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on your sweet girl! I don't know how you work so hard while being preggo! GO YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  3. From a girl Momma myself, I must say they are pretty awesome AND the shopping is WAY better :)

    Congratulations!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations!! So excited for you and your hubby!!
    Have a good week - hopefully things will slow down a bit for you soon!
    :) Take care

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was WAIIIITTTINGGG!! hahaha. I am so excited for you guys, that is sooooo exciting!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for all the love! I feel like such a putz leaving ya'll hanging like that! Thankfully, we have nothing but good news to report :) I can't wait to love all over her!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations!!!! Im guessing there is going to be tons of pink in your future!!!

    *I am terribly behind in blogging/commenting, but so wanted to come over and say HI after your big announcement!
    Hope you have a great week :)

    ReplyDelete